AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Plan and establish the most effective territory call cycle. Organize and maintain territory records and submit reports to the sales manager on a timely basis. Report key competitive activities and customer behavior to improve territory management in timely manner. Manage expenses to maximize profitability of the assigned territory. Plan call objectives before and call analysis after each sales call to improve sales call efficiency. Present specialized sales calls to customers utilizing professional sales and negotiation skills to ensure the desired goals of calls. Build and maintain good relationships with customers, colleagues as appropriate. Develop and maintain product, industrial and competitive knowledge always. Fully cooperate with other team members (the sales manager, the product manager and sales team) to improve working efficiency and implement promotional campaign. Support overall objectives of the business unit, in addition to individual objectives. Perform special projects on a needed basis.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed sales targets, expressed in units, value and other objectives monthly or cumulatively by year-end.
- Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists’, and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling
- Make presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in hospital and clinics
- Follow up on doctors’ request or inquiry and guide them on the injection technique of Ozurdex.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and KOLs
- Win new customers, as well as develop long-term relationships with existing ones.
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables
- Keep up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpret, present, and discuss this data with health professionals during presentations
- Analyze sales data to improve results and make sure resources are effectively allocated. Submission of Monthly Report.
- Monitor competitor activity and competitors' products
- Develop strategies for increasing opportunities for the product
- Stay informed about the activities of the Therapeutic Field.
- Travelling is required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree of any 4-year course, preferred business, or science field.
- Have at least 3-5 years of work experience in sales and marketing and pharmaceutical sales background is preferred but not required.
- Highly motivated, can work under pressure and challenging business environment.
- Willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Pharmaceutical sales/marketing experience
- Knowledge of health care and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An outgoing and persuasive manner and negotiating skills
- Sales and customer relationship skills
- Confidence, determination, and persistence. Ambition and the desire to do well
- Patience and self-motivation
- The ability to you use your initiative
- Planning, analytical, and organizational skills. General IT and administration skills.
- A flexible approach to work to adapt to changes, for example in the healthcare system or product and drug formularies
- Strong teamwork and networking skills
- Commercial and business awareness
- The ability to work well under pressure
Code of Conduct & Business Integrity
AbbVie is committed to observe high integrity and ethical standards in all its business dealings with our customers, with each other, business partners and suppliers.
AbbVie as a responsible corporate citizen will adhere to these standards, as well as to local, national and international laws.
All AbbVie employees are responsible for maintaining the Company’s reputation for conduct in accordance with the highest level of business integrity, ethics and compliance with the law. Soliciting and/or accepting/attempting/offering bribes or any illegal gratification is therefore cause for immediate dismissal.
Candidate is therefore required to maintain the highest ethical standards in his conduct of Company affairs at all times and uphold the AbbVie Values.
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced