AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
What you do, is what we need. Making a difference begins here. And takes all of us.
AbbVie invites you to apply to become our newest EHS Engineer at our site in Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork on a 2 year fixed term contract, initially.
Our Carrigtwohill site in Cork is a modern ‘bulk tablet’ facility manufacturing solid and capsule formulations for key therapeutic areas such as oncology and virology. It’s a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose facility set to develop further following a recent €60 million investment.
Your new Role:
Reporting to the EHS Manager, you will manage the day to day safety programs onsite and ensuring that the specific Site and EHS&E Projects are delivered in accordance with Site EHS Systems, Standards and all of the relevant Legislative and Corporate requirements.
A comprehensive package including annual bonus, pension, health, and well-being awaits. Did we tell you the role is based in Cork, part of both the Wild Atlantic Way and Ireland's Ancient East?
So, if you are interested in the opportunity and want to learn more, please apply, and we will be in touch.
Key Responsibilities of your role;
• Site program owner for several Health & Safety program elements.
• Oversee the site Process Safety program and participate in conducting HAZOP / PSSR.
• Works closely with relevant departments as nominated business partner and the EHS Team to promote safe practices, procedures, and proper use of equipment and facilities.
• Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
• Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
• Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs. Operating with an enterprise perspective, delivering business results and
• Supports internal audits, management reviews and external regulatory audits.
• Proposing, developing and implementing improvements and modifications from a safety perspective to Production, Warehousing and Laboratory, procedures and equipment.
• Participate in ISO 45001 Internal & External audit. Participate in Corporate EHS and Process Safety Audits and closing out non-conformances.
• Initiate and conduct cross functional accident/incident investigations.
• Assess the EHS impact of proposed changes to plant, process, equipment. Identify actions to ensure compliance and risk control.
• Analysis of EHS site data to determine and identify trends.
• Support, develop, maintain, and review safety programs to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
• Provide support to ensure the company’s accreditation to ISO 45001.
• Lead and promote a continuous improvement and zero accidents culture on site.
Education & experience:
• Minimum of 5 years’ EHS experience is essential, within a Manufacturing facility (preferably pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industries)
• BSc Occupational Health & Safety Manager plus Process Safety Qualification essential
• An excellent understanding of process safety and plant operations.
• Demonstrated evidence of high performance in a continuous improvement-oriented work environment.
• Strong ability to lead, challenge and positively influence in an interactive team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and proactively respond to business needs.
Ready to make a difference and Join AbbVie? Then apply today!
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.