The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for representing the SkinMedica, DiamondGlow and Latisse brands and promote the product portfolio to targeted aesthetic customers within a designated geographical area. The focus will be on direct selling of products (physician dispensed skincare and skin resurfacing system) and executing pull through programs/events to patients. This is accomplished by utilizing and managing key resources and contributing with high performance selling teams to maximize coverage to targeted customers. The SAM provides technical product and procedure expertise, as well as, competitive product differentiation. Assigned sales goals are obtained through creative, consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. Sales/Marketing plan. The SAM leverages Allergan Medical’s resources to enhance adoption of the SKM Portfolio which includes 1) non-surgical, non-invasive skin resurfacing equipment, 2) topical skincare consumables designed for the resurfacing device and 3) Ski Medica product portfolio. Must collaborate with Facial Aesthetics, Plastic Surgery, Coolsculpting, APC’s, Marketing, and other Allergan sales forces. Complies with required reports, requests, and compliance policies. Effectively manages field assets and resources to include, but not limited to, expense management, computer and other allocated equipment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. SALES RESULTS: Consistently achieves sales quota for skin care, consumables and equipment. Proficient in sales execution component of marketing plans to include device placement and pull through product promotions (device, consumables and SkinMedica portfolio). Creates call plans across product portfolio. Demonstrates adaptability with multiple initiatives.
2. DEVELOPS CUSTOMERS/ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Demonstrates effective selling skills (demonstrate Dermalinfusion Treatments, educate customers on proper techniques for Dermalinfusion Treatments, consultative sales approach to the customers' business, pre-call plans, Intro/credentialing, assessment of customer needs, handling objections, presentation delivery with visuals, closing, follow-up, etc.). Builds loyal relationships; high level customer interaction. Calls on and effectively manages time with new and existing customers to educate on new and current products. Works with customers toward business development by assessing and product needs, placing account orders, merchandising office, and supporting events for pull-through.
3. PRODUCTIVE & EFFICIENT TERRITORY MANAGEMENT: Manages initiative execution across the portfolio balancing the device sale to drive skin care and consumable business. Demonstrates ability to assess territory metrics to develop and implement territory business plans; computer proficiency (excel, internet, PowerPoint); use of sales reporting tools; responds timely to corporate requests; balances work load demonstrating good organizational skills, and optimizes corporate resource and budget allocation. Provides product samples as necessary.
4. PRODUCT & MARKET KNOWLEDGE: Educates customers on device and product features and benefits through individual and group presentations/trainings. Conveys consistent differentiating messaging across portfolio; technical fluency across Allergan and competitive product portfolio. Demonstrates an expertise in discussing support studies/material, proficient with knowledge of the aesthetic market. Portrays strong business acumen.
5. UNDERSTANDS & EXECUTES STRATEGY & POLICY: Demonstrates the ability to execute marketing plans across product portfolio. Understands sales execution role within the marketing plan. Ability to understand marketing team's role and provide appropriate feedback to plan implementation. Ability to articulate strategy to RM and team members. Ability to understand how individual tactics support the overall strategic direction. Understands and adheres to compliance and travel/expense policies.
6. LEADERSHIP & INTANGIBLES: Exemplifies integrity, flexibility and adaptability. Ability to understand multiple perspectives of decisions beyond one territory. Is self aware of interaction with customers, peers, etc. Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions and uses good judgment. Is reliable and has a willingness to improve. Portrays a positive and productive attitude in working with counterparts toward collaboration supporting the portfolio of business.
Qualifications - External
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years successful medical sales/practice management experience and/or 4 years business to business sales experience.
- Aesthetics sales background or related experience with a skin care company highly desirable
- Valid driver’s license
- Essential Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proven selling skills
- Strong and effective consultative skills
- Strong conflict and problem resolution skills
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong contract/negotiating skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Proficiency on excel, word, power point and other software skills
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver’s license