AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Site Business Technology Solutions Lead
Great career progression and benefits? We Offer That!
Making a global impact in your role? We Offer That Too!
Ready to join the AbbVie Team?
The complexities of our global organization provide unique opportunities for growth, job stability, and the pursuit of what matters most to us in our lives. Our passion for operational excellence helps us have a remarkable impact on lives worldwide while maintaining a strong work/life balance that keeps us focused and fulfilled.
We are now recruiting for Site BTS Lead to join our Campoverde site in Italy. The Site BTS Lead drives cross-functional business-IT strategy development, solution planning, site digitalization, risk management and relationship management. They provide end-to-end technical solution leadership and business process alignment through the delivery and maintenance of Manufacturing, Site Operations, and Business Technology Solutions and systems. In partnership with site, regional and global organizations, the Site BTS Lead creates and maintains the site digitalization roadmap, advocates for and enables a unified approach to shopfloor management, proposes, plans (capital plan and long range plan) and executes projects that deliver innovation and digital enablement of IME’s Factory of the Future, Segmentation and Simplification business imperatives. They are the one BTS face to the customer and own the relationship of BTS towards the business.
So, if you are ambitious and driven to make a real impact on a global scale, read on to find out more and apply….
Primary duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Assess and benchmark digitalization and Factory of the Future capabilities for the site, develop and communicate strategy and roadmap in close alignment with SLT, IME network leadership and BTS capabilities
- Promote, expand and improve data access and utilization for consumption and analysis both on BTS site team as well as on business side
- Ensure delivery of robust sustainable digitalization solutions that meet site, region and network priorities, drive standardization as well as continuous improvement of IT solutions for the site with high availability
- Ensure delivery of robust sustainable digitalization solutions that meet site and network priorities, striving to standardize application portfolio along global solutions and effectively managing technology lifecycles
- Actively pursues and understands enabling technologies and is aware of IT industry trends including Industry 4.0, Blockchain and IoT
- Ensure high availability of IT services for QC laboratories, manufacturing, supply chain and supporting functions & areas of the site
- Ensure cyber resiliency, compliance and data integrity regulatory standards are maintained and adhered to across all site systems
- Drive transformation of site BTS organization into global organization and delivery model, drive up-skilling and transformation of job profiles to align with BTS OES mission
- Drive and foster a culture of continuous improvement as to grow knowledge on the team and identification of potentials and execution towards lean processes
- Establish and advance a high performing team of SMEs by recruiting, training, coaching and developing people, clearly communicating goals, performance expectations, role responsibilities and performance feedback in alignment with AbbVie’s Talent philosophy
- Build trustful and sustainable relationships to enable cross-functional prioritization across multiple business and technology functions, lobbying for support of business demand: IME, Quality, Supply Chain, BTS in alignment with Operations’ strategic priorities.
- Liaise with Global BTS, OES, Infrastructure and Quality teams ensuring high standards of service delivery and engage to influence continuous improvement opportunities for site operations
- Member of site leadership team (SLT); build strong, trustful and sustainable relationships with Site Leadership Team to increase IT effectiveness & client satisfaction
- Responsible for budget of BTS site operations, systems operations, licenses and services and local BTS projects
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Education and Experience:
- Relevant degree in IT, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electronics, or similar
- 15+ years relevant industry experience. Exposure to FDA, GMP, ISA95, safety and environmental legislation. Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry preferred
- 10+ years project management experience – proven record of cross functional project delivery
- 10+ years leadership experience; managing teams with demonstrated ability to motivate and de develop staff in a matrix environment and driving performance
- At least 8 years experience in working in an international matrix-environment with demonstrated ability to work cross regions/countries
- Systems background: ERP/SAP, MES (POMSNet), Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems. SCADA/DCS is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance, IT System Life Cycle, Compliance and Data Integrity
- Ability to manage and support manufacturing operations in conjunction with site and global teams
- Strong Business Consultancy capabilities to drive business process engineering and innovation. Manages change and encourages innovation. Lead and drive delivery of multi stakeholder solutions based upon business value and efficiencies.
- Ability to understand various technologies and effectively master complexities of application architecture, design and integration.
- Proven ability to make clear and courageous decisions, influence site leadership and key stakeholders at site, regional and global levels
- Must be fluent in English and preferable Italian.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation