The Information Research East group at the Abbvie supports a variety of data analytics and visualization workloads serving a community of scientists focusing on pharmaceutical R&D. This position offers the opportunity to work in a cross functional team of scientists and IT professionals in building the next generation of informatics platforms and analysis pipelines.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a programming background, web development, and data analysis experience in supporting the life sciences and a focus on delivering flexible web apps and data analysis pipelines. A successful candidate will be someone who seeks and excels in creating flexible, user-friendly web apps that can constantly change to meet the needs of the scientists.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work within a focused team in developing and enhancing web applications and visualizations for life science
- Design and implement database for the web applications.
- Work directly with researchers and scientists as a member of their team in designing, prototyping/testing, tuning data for data analytics and visualizations.
- Use AbbVie values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in relevant field and 2 years of relevant experience
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving requirements
- Experience and understanding of new technologies used in life science, including next generation sequencing, antibody and protein discovery, gene expression and high throughput sequencing etc.
- Ability to work independently and a strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with scientists, developers, application analysts, managers and IT
- Good presentation, training, and documentation skills are essential
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming principles
- Proven ability developing data-intensive applications
- Experience with Python 3.6+
- Good understanding of web application frameworks such as Flask and Quart
- Experience with object-relational mappers (ORMs). Prior experience with SQLAlchemy is strongly preferred
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced