The Executive Director, Corporate Healthcare, PRM leads one of the Allergan field based Corporate Account Teams that is responsible for the strategic account management and contracting efforts for the top PRM accounts as designated by the AVP, Corporate Healthcare. Primary responsibilities include leading the coordination and alignment of approved business plans to meet corporate objectives in targeted Corporate Accounts. The Executive Director, Corporate Healthcare leads a team of Corporate Account Managers, Assoc. Director and Directors of Corporate Accounts to develop national and region-based account business plans, coordination with Hospital Sales Representatives (HSR), Aesthetic Sales Representatives (ASR) internal and external sales management, sales training, marketing, and implement account development plans. Responsible for input and guidance of specialized training materials for Corporate Accounts team and execute initiatives through the involvement of all Area Directors, Regional Managers and sales reps.
Responsible for the achievement of the PRM portfolio forecast dollar and unit sales objectives, and division success factors as established by management through alignment with U.S. Sales & Marketing Plans. This is accomplished through use of effective planning, execution, and implementation of strategic contracting efforts for targeted accounts. Consistently attains or exceeds assigned sales, profitability, and market share while managing within expense guidelines. Provides appropriate strategic direction to direct reports, evaluates progress and monitors the success of the marketing plan to ensure proper execution.
Directs the daily operations of the Corporate Accounts team including the negotiation of contracts, execution of account business plans, the development and deployment of targeted resources and expansion of relationships between Allergan and emerging customers. Improves national and region sales performance and processes by identifying business needs and implementing plans to build or correct. Also participates in selected activities that help contribute to the improvement of Sales Operations, Contracting, Marketing, Training and Development, Communications, Customer Success results or processes.
Provides direct supervision, coaching and guidance to Corporate Accounts team. Indirectly mentors Area Directors & Region Managers in corporate account setting. Demonstrates leadership responsibilities in accordance with Allergan’s policies and state and federal laws. Leads and executes collaboration initiatives among Allergan Medical Sales Teams. Exhibits adaptable leadership style consistent with operating in a constantly changing environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Minimum seven years of corporate, strategic, or national accounts experience or equivalent contracting/strategic account management experience
- Minimum ten years of successful medical device sales, sales management, or equivalent people leadership experience
- Experience with negotiating custom contracts and selling value.
- Experience with hospital/IDN and GPO based contracting
- Experience with National Account Strategic Plan development and execution
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirement related to the med-device industries
- Account Planning/strategy development experience and the ability to execute key strategies
- Demonstrated management, coaching, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain senior account relationships
- Financial/budgetary experience
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Ability to effectively lead team to achieve consistent sales performance.
- Ability to evaluate staff deployment as well as region and territory assignments
- Ability to monitor field activity to ensure balanced workloads; exercise control over resources, budgets and expenses; oversee business operations including accounts receivable, etc.
- Superior leadership qualities and business acumen
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making and results orientation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with diverse customers and employees
- Strong strategic thinking, critical thinking, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences including senior account relationships
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Strong business planning skills
- Ability to travel, a minimum of 50% - 75%
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced