- Develop and maintain in depth knowledge for assigned product(s) / relevant therapeutic area(s) through attendance / participation at key internal meetings/training sessions, relevant congresses, and seminars and by regular self-study of the national/Area literature.
- Provide expert medical/scientific advice for assigned products and related therapeutic areas, including responding to requests for scientific/technical information; contribute to the development and medical and scientific accuracy of core dossiers generated by the medical department (i.e. pricing and reimbursement dossiers, HEOR dossiers, medical information packs, clinical expert reviews etc.).
- Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with key thought leaders / external experts and academic centers; this will involve participating in scientific congresses, coordinating advisory boards, round-table meetings, discussion fora etc.
- Deliver scientific presentations and medical education programs to healthcare professionals individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where appropriate.
- Screen relevant literature and other information from relevant scientific societies meetings and conferences and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company (e.g. key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the therapeutic area, etc.)
- Deliver training to sales forces and other departments; develop and update relevant training materials. Clinical Research Activities: Design and implement clinical research projects within defined standards and budgets (e.g. Phase IV, post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, and PMOS studies). Provide the required oversight to manage review, approval and conduct of IIS studies.
- Support the affiliate Clinical Research Department in the management of clinical studies, as appropriate (e.g. review new clinical study protocols, identifying potential investigators/sites, conducting feasibility surveys).
- Review and preparation of promotional material. Ensure the medical/scientific content is correct and fully compliant with Abbott’s internal policies and guidelines.
- Provide medical/scientific input into marketing strategy and key commercial initiatives, as required. Monitor the environment for competitive intelligence (e.g. product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc.) and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie’s policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
- Medical Degree or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or higher.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical industry and general knowledge on drug development and clinical research an advantage.
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for assigned therapeutic area/product and in medical research in general.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English is highly desirable in order to facilitate communications between the affiliate medical department, Regional and Area Medical Affairs and other AbbVie functional staff.
- High customer orientation. Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach, able to develop and support relationships across an organization as well as with key external stakeholders and the healthcare community at large. Experience being an active contributor to cross-functional teams and/or working in matrix organizations will be an advantage. Works independently: limited guidance/oversight. Works broadly across functions to facilitate and support the affiliate’s medical and clinical activities as necessary.
- Sound judgment, strong planning and organizational skills, and the ability to get things done. Demonstrated strong sense of urgency.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced