This position is field based and will be responsible for managing an assigned customer territory and achieving agreed sales goals for the Medical Aesthetics range of products through the delivery of account management plans, product support and direction in clinic and developing effective business relationships.
Some domestic travel is to be expected within this position.
key duties & responsibilities
Account Management Activities
- Develop executable account plans, reviewed quarterly, that provide clear objectives and outcomes.
- Conduct account plan reviews by analysing sales data, customer segmentation information and market intelligence and update the account plans as required.
- Focus on ‘partner’, ‘develop’ and ‘maintain’ customer segments as agreed with sales manager. Execute in line with call planning cycle.
- Work with cross functional teams to achieve/exceed account management objectives and sales targets.
- Review customer buying patterns on a monthly basis and keep them informed of their targeted level in line with account APP or volume aspirations.
- Build and develop business relationships with key accounts including prescribers/users, initiators, deciders or buyers and incorporate into stakeholder maps.
- Ensure account plans are aligned with cycle marketing strategy and promotional programs to drive rapid uptake within accounts.
- Clearly follow and execute to the current marketing campaign utilizing compliant support materials.
- Comprehensively understand the patient journey to identify potential sales and marketing opportunities. Effectively communicate the opportunities to the sales and marketing team.
- Monitor market trends through networks of clients, suppliers and attendance at industry meetings.
- Communicate changes in competition, product availability or related matters to sales and marketing team.
- Adheres to the Allergan SOP on training stock and sample management.
- Articulate the value of, and direct customers to online ordering through the My Allergan Direct portal.
Product Sales, Support and Direction
- Utilise the digital sales aid to clearly articulate product key selling messages and clinical data.
- Execute to third line sales requirements as directed by the Medical Aesthetics portfolio strategy.
- Oversee product support and direction in clinic of Botox and Juvederm in line with Clinical Medical Information and product information materials (no AMI or MD Codes technique support to be applied).
- Aid in the support of best practice consultation and assessment of patients.
- Direct injector requests for clinical facilitation through the defined VEEVA process.
Therapeutic Area Knowledge
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Allergan and competitor product range. Be able to communicate the value difference in terms of efficacy, safety, price and market strategy to customers.
- Maintain high level of therapeutic knowledge of Allergan products and aging & anatomy through the internal 6 monthly certification program.
- Keep accurate, weekly records of all customer visits, as well as maintaining other relevant customer data necessary to meet customer needs utilizing the VEEVA system.
- Keep current territory business reviews and account plans on designated BOX folder.
- Attend sales meetings, conferences, training and other work related functions as required.
- Ensure all sales activities comply with legal and ethical requirements.
- Manage business expenses within the budget and the Travel & Expenses Policy.
- Report any adverse event within 24 hours as per Allergan’s policies and procedures
- Support Allergan’s Quality Management System and internal auditing processes.
- Adhere to Medicines Australia Code of Conduct.
Workplace Health & Safety
- Proactively participate in Allergan’s WHS programs, adhere to policies and promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Adhere to Allergan’s internal codes of conduct and compliance processes.
- Other ad hoc duties such as administrative duties, as requested.
- Successful completion of relevant tertiary qualifications within healthcare or business related discipline.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable experience in account management planning methodology including stakeholder mapping, sales data analysis and account prioritization and the sales cycle.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Experience in a medical device or specialty representative selling role working within the medical device/ pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to learn and maintain the scientific product knowledge, relevant anatomy and physiology as well as disease state knowledge.
- Demonstrates a broad therapeutic area knowledge and can converse with customers on a range of topics (ie new treatment options, research findings, conference topics)
- Demonstrable experience working in cross functional teams and managing resources to achieve objectives.
Selling Skills – Effectively and consistently applies the iSell (International Selling Model) during sales interactions: demonstrates excellence in preparation for calls, opens with impact, clearly identifies customer needs, able to challenge the status quo, change customer beliefs, attitudes and behaviours, effectively handle objections and gains actionable
mutually agreed commitments with customers.
Territory & Account Planning & Execution - Effectively conducts a territory situational analysis. Knows how to prioritize accounts and individuals in line with the defined segment and targeting strategy (S&T). For key customer, develops account plan determining the key stakeholders, setting strategic account objectives with a clearly defined action plan including SMART goals and tactics to maximize opportunities and mitigate threats. Drives cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration on the planning stage to fully leverage Allergan's account management capabilities.
Customer Oriented - Understands the customers expectations and develops strategies and experiences to deliver and exceed those expectations. Understands what the customer experience encompasses, how to structure it, how to approach it and how to improve it. Always makes decisions with the customer in mind and takes actions by identifying requirements and needs as standards to be surpassed and by demonstrating a will to win in the marketplace.
Healthcare Environment & Competitor Landscape - Demonstrates expert-level therapeutic and healthcare ecosystem knowledge to improve the customer experience and drive profitability. Builds and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the market, competitor activity and customer needs.
Multi Channel Environment Understanding – Understands the main principles of multi channel promotional approach, leverages available channels (eg face to face, virtual, eCRM) applies an optimal mix across channels to effectively engage customers. Has a conceptual understanding of the digital world, understands digital and customer motivation, user experience and principles, utilises company technology platforms suitable to the appropriate recording, reporting and analysing of market, company and customer information.
the allergan commitment
Doing What is Right – Never jeopardize patient safety, product quality or compliance; always act with integrity
ways we work
All For One Abbvie: We weigh all decisions against the common good. We inspire, share and create as a team. We solve problems for all rather than serving our immediate team.
Decide Smart & Sure: We make intelligent decisions to create the best outcomes. We act quickly, embrace experimentation, and learn what doesn’t work and get on to what does.
Agile & Accountable: We streamline and eliminate unnecessary obstacles. We plan but adapt as we go. We delegate and make tough decisions to ensure focus on results, staying keenly aware of the urgency in all we do.
Clear & Courageous: Open, honest, candid dialogue is core to our work and how we act with each other. We share information freely and continuously to find solutions. We admit mistakes. We grow stronger by putting the courage of our conviction to the test.
Make Possibilities Real: We question with endless curiosity. We’re never satisfied with good enough—patients depend on us to deliver more. We challenge ourselves to find creative, constructive solutions to turn possibilities into reality.
Regional Sales Managers
Medical Scientific Information