Based upon the job description listed below, position is required to assess donor records to determine donor suitability, which requires in-depth training. Volume of incoming donors within Tissue Services requires trained staff to consistently review high volumes of medical records and pertinent records directly from the Tissue Recovery Partner (TRP.) In order to meet projected released donors based upon business needs, this position is essential to continue with current business trends and the expectations of the company.
The main function of this position is to provide support to the Tissue Services Department. The primary responsibilities of this position are focused on the following: the assembly of detailed and complete donor files, obtaining serological test results, data entry, ERP transactions and Tissue Services Portal. This includes working with a Specialist to obtain all relevant and pertinent medical and recovery history for each donor in a timely manner. During the process of obtaining and creating the donor medical file, a series of steps are required, ranging from initial data entry of information into the ERP system to the complete Level 1 review. It is the responsibility of the Documentation Coordinator II to analyze donor information to ensure compliance with all applicable state and FDA regulations and AATB standards. The donor file is ultimately forwarded for Level 2 and 3 reviewers for determination of donor eligibility. This position has the responsibility for the final transactions in ERP and Tissue Services Portal. This position is responsible daily for completion of assigned work. It is expected this position will manage the workload, established by the department, to ensure operation within the set metrics of the department. This function also has the responsibility to provide a “customer service” environment for both the assigned Tissue Recovery Partners and the Tissue Services Field Operations staff assigned to their respective region.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: DESCRIBE SCOPE: % of Time or Importance
- Establish positive relationships with Tissue Recovery Partners.
- Act as a contact to Tissue Recovery Partners when directed to address specific issues identified by
- Level 2 or Level 3 reviews and provide rapid follow up to resolve these issues.
- Act as support personnel for the collection and retrieval of donor medical and recovery records for
- assigned Tissue Recovery Partners. Provide backup support for Senior Specialists during
- absences to meet the demands of the department. Enter, review and verify serological results as
- deemed required.
- Recognize discrepancies and/or information gaps present in donor medical charts and retrieve
- information as appropriate.
- Ensure all Level 1 reviews of donor records pertaining to their assignments are accurate and
- Assure all donor medical and recovery files are complete and in compliance with AATB
- standards, FDA and state regulations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and
- other requirements.
- Complete data entry/ERP transactions as required to properly transact donor file information.
- Maintain Tissue Services Portal to ensure clear communications with the TRPs
- Complete data entry/SAP transactions as required to properly transact donor file information.
· High school graduate, some college preferred
· At least 1 to 3 years work experience in a controlled and GMP regulated industry
· Preferred previous work in the medical or nursing field such as nursing school attendee, medical records administration, EMT or other experience within the tissue donation industry
· Understanding of AATB, FDA and other regulations and guidelines
· Preferred Medical Terminology, Anatomy, Disease testing within a laboratory setting, Medical records, Pharmaceutical experience
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced