Biological Research Associate II / III
Allergan Aesthetics, Device Biology R&D, is seeking a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Biological Research Associate II / III to support early discovery and development activities in the Regenerative Medicine franchise. The successful candidate will contribute to projects aimed at developing, evaluating and characterizing biologic and synthetic implantable materials. Knowledge of various tissue processing, cellular & molecular biology techniques (cell culture, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, etc.) and/or biomaterial characterization techniques (DSC, SEM, etc.) is preferred. Prior experiences in the areas of ECM biology, tissue engineering & regeneration, or biomaterials are highly desired. The candidate is expected to organize, analyze and interpret experimental results and to participate in discussions and decisions regarding the design of experiments. He/She/They will be guided by senior personnel but is expected to conduct experiments with substantial independence and collaborate extensively with other Scientists and Research Associates.
Support project activities and conduct laboratory experiments to generate prototypes and reliable and consistent testing data in a timely manner.
Document, discuss, and modify experimental studies as needed in collaboration with other team members and/or project lead
Summarize data and assist project lead in maintaining project documentation.
Assist in general lab management (ordering laboratory supplies, equipment maintenance, inventory maintenance, etc.).
Attend and participate in lab, team and departmental meetings. Present data as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological or materials science field with 3+ years of academic or industry laboratory experience or Master’s degree with 1+ years of academic or industry laboratory experience.
- Experience with developing, performing and troubleshooting a wide variety of cell and material characterization assays is desired
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new concepts, skills and techniques
- Capable of contributing independently but also work successfully in a highly collaborative scientific environment
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and basic understanding of statistical analyses is a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail and diligence in record keeping.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced