The Area Sales Manager has primary responsibilities for selling, planning, organizing, and implementing all account management activities related to the sale and distribution of the company’s capital equipment in a given territory. The Area Sales Manager has high accountability for achieving the territory sales quotas and objectives.
This is a capital sales position responsible for growing the assigned territory by adding new accounts, selling additional units to existing customers, and participating in activities related to the commercial sale of the company’s capital equipment products to physicians and health care professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Achieving sales quota results in the assigned territory. Responsible for performing effective territory penetration, coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base.
- Providing training, presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of the company’s products using effective communication and sales techniques.
- Educating the customer regarding the indications, contraindications, and safety of the company’s products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer.
- Supporting and helping to facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the territory and area.
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service
- Perform lead generation activities, such as cold calling, market research, etc. Coordinate these activities with the inside sales team.
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date account files.
- Preparing sales contracts, quotes, price, and terms per company guidelines.
- Completing administrative responsibilities including quarterly business plans, weekly expense reports, up-to-date account profiles and the company’s computer customer database.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Regional Director of Sales and Practice Support Specialist on all matters related to the territory and area, including accurate forecasting.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism.
- Manage day to day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner i.e. Salesforce.com updates and data entry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required from an accredited college or university
- 4-6 years of demonstrated success selling capital equipment is preferred. Preference for candidates who also have experience with consumable selling. Preference for direct capital equipment selling experience into the plastic surgeon and dermatologist practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service and support to achieve practice integration of the CoolSculpting Procedure, ensuring a high level of customer/patient satisfaction
- High level of accountability, reliability and extremely responsive.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive communications and technical presentations to physicians, management and/or large groups. Ability to thoroughly understand and communicate the attributes and qualities of Company products using professional selling and closing skills.
- Positive attitude and passion for working within the aesthetic field
- Ability to use word processing and database applications, and various software programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of organization with regard to schedule management and follow-up skills are required.
- Allowance/Reimbursement Policy are to be met at all times.
- Knowledge of FDA GMPs. Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Home office capability is required with reliable high-speed internet access.
- Ability to travel up to 70% in order to adequately cover the region including multi-overnight stays, attend tradeshows, and corporate and training meetings is required.
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state/province in which the individual resides, and a good driving record is required
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Significant Work Activities: Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced