1. Act as scientific expert in the therapy area(s) and maintain trust-based relationships with external stakeholders.
• Development and implementation of KOL engagement plan in collaboration with line manager.
• Share emerging data with KOLs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific objective and balanced way.
• Build scientifically-based relationship with key external stakeholders (eg. payers, key medical organizations).
• Provide scientific support in CME events through medical partnership.
2. Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s) through obtaining and sharing valuable insights.
• Work with HCPs as partners in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding such as:
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate,
- Interact in the field with the medical community in the context of various medical projects, such as clinical trials, investigator-initiated trial (IIT), scientific exchange meetings
• Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved products or unapproved uses of approved products
3. Act as scientific expert in the therapy area(s) for internal stakeholders
• Initiate and conduct appropriate staff training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends in clinical medicine and practice within TA
• Continuously acquire and update scientific knowledge on diseases and products.
• Provide internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, competitor information etc.
• Provide the rest of the organization with an update on partnerships with HCPs, as speakers
• Provide scientific support at company sponsored educational events
4. Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
• Attend relevant scientific congresses and HCP meetings to gather new knowledge on diseases and competitor information
• Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from line manager
• In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with line manager as priorities for development. Develop functional capability in the role
• Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in medicine, pharmacy or biomedical science
- Disease specialization preferred but not required
Technical / skill
- Knowledge and experience of the pharmaceutical industry and the area of field medical liaisons
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong personal integrity, and customer focus.
- Good interpersonal communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Effectively contribute to multifunctional teams.
- Self-management and execution ability
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced