The MSL serves to advance science and standards of care for patients, healthcare providers and payers, and ensure they can access all the practical and clinically relevant information and solutions they need to use AbbVie’s products efficiently and safely. Collectively, work to make a remarkable impact on patient care around the world.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and external experts.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for AbbVie in key academic centers by facilitation of research and educational initiatives.
- Support internal teams to develop their scientific and technical expertise. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional independence.
- Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of assigned clinical studies and medical projects.
- Act as the point of contact with thought leaders to facilitate investigator initiated study ideas and requests for support to the local and global medical teams.
- Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified thought leaders the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts.
- Identify, collect and internally provide insights into medical and scientific field intelligence.
- Upon request, assist physicians with requests for access to AbbVie medicines on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide key thought leaders / external experts and internal medical and clinical teams with scientific and technical support for publications of scientific or medical interest.
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred but candidates with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Previous experiencie in Hematology is required.
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge and in medical research in general.
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs.
- Expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- A good understanding of written and oral English is desirable.
- Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity.
- Place of residence:Bilbao, Pamplona o Logroño
- Working area:Pais Vasco, Cantabria, Aragón, La Rioja & Navarra.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced