The Senior Business Analyst will provide direct support to an assigned area mainly related to POMSnet and SAP. Applies relevant principles to support projects and ongoing activities. Completes tasks which support a project or functional team.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts. Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified, and precedents exist. Conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved. Errors or failure to achieve expected results may result in project delays and/or the expenditure of more resources than was planned.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree with at least 6 years technical experience, or Masters degree plus 4 years of experience is required.
- Must have experience in System Testing, IT Project/Systems Implementations and experience as Business System Analyst.
- Demonstrate leadership attributes and Project Management experience.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced