The EHS Professional II will provide support to the Environmental, Health and Safety programs in compliance with all applicable regulations and Abbvie Policies in a cost-effective basis and in accordance with customer expectations. Provide guidance on EHS matters to employees and contractors and exercise communication, training, and consultation skills to successfully implement programs, policies and positive safety culture.
- Responsible for the development, implementation support and maintenance of strategic EHS programs, plans, policies and procedures as assigned to protect all plant personnel, facilities and the environment.
- Interprets, communicates, and implements programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable EHS regulations, corporate standards and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System).
- Implements EHS programs and initiatives including, but not limited to:
-Hazard identification / risk assessment and planning / planning identification of controls
-High hazard control: lockout tagout, confined space, work permits, overhead hoists, machine guarding, electrical safety, fall protection / working on heights, powered industrial trucks
-Contractor / Construction EHS Management
- Supports incidents /injury investigations to determine root cause and analysis by collecting inputs from various sources and promote discussion to reach agreements on appropriate actions and recommendations
- Develops and delivers EHS training on a wide variety of general safety topics.
- Supports Industrial Hygiene programs such as ergonomics, hazard communication, hearing conservation, medical surveillance, respiratory protection and IH monitoring.
- Lead EHS self-assessments and hazard assessments by collecting inputs from various sources and promote discussion with Plant groups to reach agreements on appropriate actions and recommendations
- Implements the elements of the Chemical Process Safety Program to assure compliance with regulatory agencies and AbbVie Technical Standard.
- Supports reporting of leading and lagging safety performance indicators to drive corrective actions.
- Develops recordkeeping and report generation systems as to fully support the regulatory agencies, corporate and division requirements with respect to EHS compliance programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience managing environmental, health and safety programs to assure compliance with government regulations and company policies.
- Experience in Process Safety Management is preferable.
- Experience supporting Safety Programs such as, job permits, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) risk assessments, inspections, Incident Investigations and Contractors’ Program is strongly preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Job Type: Experienced