The Business System Analyst will be an individual contributor to the development, execution, or enhancement of business applications, mainly POMSnet and SAP. The position has the responsibility for the management of the applications and data residing in the application. The Business Systems Analyst maintains the application’s data and monitors performance and accessibility. The position will be instrumental in the development, identification, and implementation of system modifications that will improve productivity within the system(s).
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Consults with functional areas to develop an understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provide ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect, and results of system problems. Negotiates plans, time frames, and trade-offs while ensuring the client understands the results of the project.
- If necessary, review and approve requested system changes and develop detailed implementation specifications. Communicates system changes and issues to the next level of management.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates, and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools, and materials.
- Produces Design Specifications and is able to assist in the creation of Redline documents for required changes in the system. Creates reports from existing client databases to satisfy user requests.
- Monitors and audits the use of the systems; executes system control practices for regulatory and compliance.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree in Information Systems or related field is strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting MES and/or ERP systems is required
- Experience in the development, implementation, and operations of large-scale, enterprise systems required.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be deliverables-focused and detail-oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced