The Associate Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance to the manufacturing areas related to the manufacturing process and equipment. May support the development and modification of procedures. Support troubleshooting in equipment malfunction or optimizations. Participate in process, equipment, and facilities validation efforts and project implementations. Investigate process exceptions or equipment malfunction incidents affecting the process. Maintain the manufacturing area equipment in compliance with the calibration and maintenance programs.
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing areas. Assist in the troubleshooting of the manufacturing equipment and process.
- Investigate process and equipment exceptions and follow-up CAPA implementation. Suggest and implement corrective actions to prevent deviation recurrence.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope with stakeholders. Converts goals to tasks and steps. Within the structure, plans own work, manages several, often concurrent, tasks to accomplish assigned tasks to meet or exceed expectations (cost, quality, time). Participates in basic economic analysis and feasibility studies related to project alternatives under guidance.
- Plans and conducts small-sized assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Implements plans; initiates execution of own work plan; monitors executions for adherence to plan, e.g. documents work status and reports to management with appropriate frequency.
- Interprets problems and either creates or modifies design solutions. Reviews existing layouts and standards and creates a proposed design. Applies standard engineering principles and methodologies to interpret, draw conclusions and recommend solutions for problems considering a broad range of factors. Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements innovations and cost reductions.
- Keep aware of the changing technical and competitive environment as it relates to the business and share with co-workers. Participates and/or assists other engineers in the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/ facilities by applying standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline. Investigates, conducts tests, gathers data, performs preliminary analysis, report findings, and prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans.
- Builds relationships, initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Conveys information effectively through verbal, written, and presentations to stakeholders and team members, both internal and external to AbbVie, using appropriate communication protocols. Identifies ways to increase customer satisfaction. Documents agreements and commitments and keeps direct customers informed throughout the project or initiative.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable regulations and standards for Quality; Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Global Policies; AbbVie Engineering Standards; and other governance areas as applicable. Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance. Assists in the development and revision of procedures, standards, and PCRs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Preferably with a concentration in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Entry level position, less than two years of experience is typical.
- Candidate with previous experience in an AbbVie Site is strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge, understanding, or skill and willingly absorb and comprehend AbbVie processes, policies, and methods, and manufacturing equipment troubleshooting.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationship with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Ability to recognize risks versus the relative gains associated with actions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both, English and Spanish.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced