AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Summary of Job Description:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our ANZ Immunology Division, for an 8-month Sales Executive Secondment, in the growing Gastro-portfolio. This is an exciting new era in Gastroenterology and a unique career opportunity to support improvements in how IBD is managed in Australia and transform the lives of people living with this condition, with the launch of a new advanced therapy.
In this role you will be responsible for executing brand strategy and tactics in field, to deliver a superior customer experience and maximise sales performance across your assigned territory and accounts. You will build strong customer relationships, in conjunction with your territory partner, to optimise business potential and synergies, placing the patient at the center of your efforts, whilst operating within AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with key customers, prioritising those that are most critical to AbbVie by delivering a seamless and integrated customer experience to meet commercial and organizational goals.
- Continually build a deep understanding of the customer ecosystem to gain and share insights, and to inform and guide strategy and the Abbvie value proposition.
- Proactively plan, execute and review all customer interactions to ensure continuity of customer service and to drive preferred partnership status.
- Effectively use multi-channel planning and executional tools to maximise an integrated customer experience that delivers value to customers, alongside traditional Face-Face interactions.
- Demonstrate leadership in data/insight driven thinking and decision making, to help prioritise activity/resources to deliver the best commercial outcomes for AbbVie whilst enhancing the customer experience.
- Develop specific, tailored plans for key accounts and customers in alignment with territory partners and the systems and expectations of the organizational planning rhythm.
- Maintain sales and customer databases through the Veeva CRM system, and complete all internal processes pre and post sales calls, and through each cycle as defined.
- Demonstrate leadership to embrace technology in an ever-evolving space to enhance strategic planning.
Expertise & Knowledge:
- Continuously build understanding of customer needs and expectations, the customer ecosystem, competitors, market dynamics, key accounts, disease/product/clinical knowledge to anticipate environmental changes, and to identify challenges and opportunities to optimize brand strategy and execution.
- Continuously strive to add value to the customer through superior knowledge and insights.
- Demonstrate digital expertise and the ability to deliver value to customers through all channels. Proactive mindset to embrace and learn new technologies and platforms in an evolving space.
- Keep up to date with all internal/external policies to ensure all activities comply with AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Create solutions that enhance team performance, customer service and sales results by harnessing best practice and innovation.
Collaboration & Teamwork:
- Drive cross-functional collaboration, teamwork and best practice sharing to improve business performance across the business.
- Build and enhance professional contacts within areas of responsibility and expertise in order to increase sector knowledge, broaden the brand and reputation of AbbVie and stay up to date with new products, disease states and medical understanding.
- Share learning and information with colleagues to enhance understanding and build a strong collaborative mindset within the sales and broader Abbvie team.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced