AbbVie’s Austin based Inside Sales operation is a professional team of inside sales personnel that supports existing field sales, operational, and marketing initiatives utilizing a set of approved best practices, job aides, and quality metrics to build lasting relationships with Healthcare Practices across the nation.
Our team is searching for high energy, self-motivated, dynamic individuals wishing to join a team environment that values individual achievement. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a continued focus on utilizing phone and other channels to create, nurture, and expand relationships with healthcare professionals to achieve brand objectives.
Successful candidates will possess strong verbal communication skills, be highly organized, flexible, self-starters and have the ability to articulate value on a consistent basis in order to foster growth of an expanding customer base through positive customer interactions and lasting relationships.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to use inside sales techniques to ensure positive results to an assigned list of healthcare professionals to offer product education, information on program/service offerings, samples, and resources while meeting and exceeding established daily and monthly call volume metrics
- Successfully complete product training and meet training expectations to service customers within the parameters of the program
- Engage healthcare professionals with in-depth informational/promotional communications in accordance with policies and procedures set by the program and compliance guidelines to grow prescription volume
- Establish phone presence - commanding and engaging, ability to create rapport and grow relationships with healthcare professionals from all levels – including office staff, Medical Assistants, nurses, and doctors
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of product and ensure clear, concise and accurate communication of product information with target audiences using appropriate clinical terminology
- Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs and questions, thereby ensuring acceptance of, or agreement with program objective
- Process customer requests related to product information, cost and savings, product samples and literature in a timely, accurate, and professional manner
- Display ability to thoroughly answer questions related to process of securing product samples and literature
- Provide information pertaining to additional sources of information regarding product and services, such as referral to websites or other appropriate resources
- Display a positive attitude and customer focus, provide timely resolution for all customer issues, concerns, and/or questions
- Project a professional and positive company image through all phone interactions
- Manage inbound and outbound call activity effectively, ensuring adequate coverage of inbound call volume when necessary
- Navigate phone conversations with approved best practices and according to compliance guidelines
- Understand systems and accurately enter all relevant information into system, including any follow up actions in accordance with policies and procedures, ensuring data integrity
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches. Maintain the required product expertise.
- Partner with Field Sales, Operations, and Marketing to further identify methods to improve effectiveness
- Meet and exceed established daily, weekly, and monthly outbound call volume metrics and other productivity goals successfully.
- Effective and timely communication with Manager
- Follow established escalation pathways required for issue resolution
- Maintain training materials and job aides, keeping current with updates provided by the training department
- Must safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality by following the guidelines set forth in the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- The ideal candidate will have a background in direct selling, and a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- The candidate is required to have at least 2 years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, highly organized, superior communication and relationship building skills
- Understanding of medical terminology, ability to pronounce medical terms
- Knowledge of medical device, pharmaceutical market or related field
- Experience in the healthcare industry involving interaction with physicians, patients, and office staff is preferred.
- Skills demonstrating professional phone etiquette
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to learn, assimilate information into practice to follow established, mandatory best practices including, but not limited to
- Daily activity, goals, metrics
- Proficient usage of applications, databases, and other core tools
- Maintaining strict quality control standards and performance monitoring
- Providing input on quality of calls, job aids, and targeted opportunities for ongoing improvement of daily output
- Effectiveness working independently and in a team environment
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced