Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
- The Inside Sales Practice Development Manager (IPDM) has general responsibilities for all aspects of customer relationship management within a designated geographical area. Responsible for product and program education, planning, organizing, and implementing strategies for account growth through business development activities related to the sale and distribution of Company products, with high accountability for achieving the territory sales and utilization quotas and objectives. The IPDM will also provide technical product and procedure training, business analysis and marketing assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Making 20 calls daily, as well as daily response to emails
- Achieving sales and utilization quota results in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for educating and supporting approximately 100 emerging Body Contouring accounts that are not supported by the aligned field salesforce.
- Responsible for performing effective territory penetration, coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base for the Company’s consumables.
- Providing training, presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of the company’s products using effective communication and sales techniques.
- Educating the customer regarding the indications, contraindications, and safety of Company products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer.
- Educating and supporting the customer with marketing strategies including but not limited to website and microsite development, internal office branding, patient segmentation and external marketing strategies.
- Supporting and helping to facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the territory and area.
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service.
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date territory account files.
- Completing administrative responsibilities including periodic business plans, weekly expense reports, up-to-date account profiles, and customer database.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Participating in industry-related trade shows/meetings
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Maintain consistent communication with Inside Sales Manager, Regional Practice Manager and Area Sales Manager on all matters related to the territory and region, including accurate forecasting.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism at all times.
- Manage day to day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner i.e. Salesforce.com updates and data entry
Key Duties and Responsibilities (% of time)
- 45%-Performance and Results
- 30%- Inside Sales Accounts Training/Development
- 15%- Collaboration
- 10%- Administrative
- Four-year college degree in business or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years sales experience
- Experience and knowledge of general marketing principles and concepts within the healthcare environment
- Experience and knowledge of inner workings of a physician’s practice
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Team Player
- Analytical skills
- Strong business acumen skills
- Proven selling skills
- Positive role model
- Effective consultative skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers
- Presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
- Ability to execute key strategies
- Ability to develop relationships remotely via telephone interaction
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proficiency with sales force automation
- Competent product selling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced