Responsible for analyzing and collecting past dues for specified accounts. Negotiate with customers without jeopardizing their relationship with Allergan to collect all past due invoices.
This duty is performed within considerable time restraints to increase cash flow and ensure incoming orders are not delayed due to delinquencies. Performs a variety of complicated tasks to minimize financial losses and obtain the best possible DSO. Accountable for reconciliations of challenging consignment inventory billings and billing transactions with multiple returns associated. Must have excellent communications skills when dealing with internal and external customers.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements, and objectives.
- Responsible for analyzing and collecting past due accounts and determining which collection tool are to be used depending on the collection strategy assigned for the period. Ascertains the degree of delinquency and collection procedure to follow for all assigned accounts.
- Negotiate with customers to collect all past due money or resolve payment problems for Allergan. This duty is performed within considerable time constraints to increase cash flow for the corporation, stay with predetermined standards established by management, and to ensure incoming orders are not delayed due to delinquencies.
- Assist with inbound calls during heavy call volumes to resolve customer inquiries.
- Actively participates in resolving major account issues to maintain strong customer relationships and arrive at a mutually beneficial solution for the customer and the company.
- Researches, determines, and implements action necessary to resolve inquiries and claims from customers.
- Exercises sound judgement and discretion in making all routine decisions to ensure that all claims are handled accurately and to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Resolve disputed claims. Completes monthly assigned collection strategy. Handles complex reconciliations of consignment billings and billings with multiple returns associated.
- Reconciles accounts in a credit balance which includes researching and reconciling any open invoices or deductions to ensure validity prior to refunding the customer. Works with customers providing backup necessary to resolve and clear any outstanding debit prior to issuing refunds.
- Communicates clearly with internal and external customers. Take the actions necessary to meet department objectives and at the same time continue to build relationships with customers.
- Ensures customers are set up for e-mail invoices and statements and are aware and taking advantage of the on-line support tools on www.AllerganDirect.com.
- Assists customers with Accounts Receivable functionality available on Allergan Direct to help increase usage and promote self-service.
- Takes corrective action and is actively involved in process improvement teams to correct potential on-going problems. Processes customer refunds and adjustments as needed.
- Identifies problem accounts and notifies Finance and Sales management of situations that could indicate uncorrectable claims or bankruptcy to prevent future losses to Allergan.
- Ensures credit lines are reduced to eliminate additional Bad Debt expenses. Committed to successfully completing assigned monthly strategies and daily follow-ups.
- Accountable to maintain all accounts on an up-to-date basis status to ensure “clean” audits by internal and outside auditors.
- Participates in projects to resolve issues within the department and/or organization.
- Demonstrates leadership and is a subject matter expert and go to person on the team.
- Ability to work independently and plan extensively to meet goals.
- Ability to maintain accuracy consistency and quality in a fast paced, multi tasked environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong billing reconciliation and accounting skills
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and heavy work volume within time constraints.
- Must be self-motivated and approach tasks with a positive pro-active attitude.
- Must have the eagerness and capacity to learn.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- 5 years minimal experience working in Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Accounts Payable, or Cash Applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting Field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience preferred.
- FIS GETPAID experience preferred.
- Healthcare or Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced