The Thought Leader Liaison, Hematology will report to the Associate Director, Thought Leader Liaisons, within the Marketing Team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Agile and Accountable:
- Develop, implement and maintain accountability for interactions and feedback with national oncology external experts (physician and nurse thought leaders (TLs)) across the US.
Decide, Smart, and Sure:
- Manage component of the Speaker’s Bureau, training speakers for productive educational programs
- Engage in congress related engagement activities nationally, including supporting and measuring any ongoing TL strategies and tactics
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed
Make Possibilities Real:
- Must continually identify and develop TLs, to consistently build our TL base for the franchise
- Partnering with brand marketing and Director, TLLs develop, refine, execute and measure the AbbVie US Oncology External Expert Engagement strategy
- Create and execute strategic advisory board plan with cross-functional partners
All for One AbbVie (and Partner):
- Create a seamless regional communication plan with product collaboration partners to assure a coordinated approach to collaboration product-specific thought leader requests, including coordination of speaker programs and consultancy availability to marketing and field representatives.
- Depending on geography and targets, travel may be up to 50% of the time.
- Position can be remotely based. Needs to be able to work effectively while engaged in travel and deliver timely results.
- Partner with internal cross functional partners including, and not limited to, sales, marketing, medical affairs, legal, compliance, and managed care
Clear and Courageous:
- Must be able to build and foster collaboration with collaboration partners.
- Participate as needed in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting the Marketing Team and overall franchise
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Health care certification/qualification (e.g. RN, RPh, other) is preferred
- Previous extensive hematology / oncology experience required with demonstrated experience in academic settings
- At least 2 years' previous direct experience with hematology thought leaders (physician and nurse) with demonstrated access to academic and key institutions
- Ability to provide at least 5 external expert recommendations
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal, collaboration and data discussion skill sets
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative and /or quantitative goals
- Proven & thorough knowledge of commercial issues associated with highly competitive hematology / oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required up to 50% of the time
- Territory Includes: FL, GA, SC, NC, WV, VA, MD, PA
- 5 or more years' work experience required in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, specifically in hematology and oncology
- A minimum of 2 years' previous field management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Healthcare degree (RN, PA, NP, PharmD)
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced