To ensure consistent sales growth and achievement of sales goals and targets in assigned territory by identifying opportunities and gaining new business while maintaining existing business.
Key Duties & Responsibiities:
- Promote Sales
- To ensure consistent sales growth and achievement of sales goals and targets in assigned territory by identifying opportunities and gaining new business while maintaining existing business.
- Ensure that Company strategies are correctly and uniformly implemented.
- Carry out sales calls, targeting high sales areas for maximum efficiency.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Monitor market trends and competitor activity in assigned territory.
- Maintain close relationships with key accounts, and ensure their requirements are being met by the company's products where possible.
- Appraise current and planned customer needs and advise on the application of company products and services to customer requirements.
- Represent Allergan in a professional manner that aligns with company image, ensuring activities comply with legal and ethical standards.
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Actively seeks information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs.
- Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Builds rapport and cooperative relationships with customers.
- Considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments.
- Implements effective ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of communication means
- Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
- Frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
- Seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Attends to messages from others; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately.
- Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required, being proactive.
- Takes thoughtful action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation.
- Implements new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; does not wait for others to take action or request action.
- Takes action that goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
- Looks for ways to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
Compliance & Integrity
Each employee is responsible for conducting his or her activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities. Your obligation encompasses the following:
- Takes personal responsibility for and demonstrates a high level of understanding of and adherence to the applicable internal policies, including but not limited to our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and other policies applicable to your job, and external laws and regulations governing your activities.
- Exhibits high business ethics standard in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including dealing with others honestly and openly, showing accountability, being reliable and trustworthy and being loyal to the company.
- Completes all required compliance and ethics related training within required timelines.
- Encourages a high level of understanding of and adherence to compliance and ethics amongst colleagues and third parties.
- Fully co-operates in any internal and external audits, investigations and inspections.
Education and Experience
- A degree in Pharmacy or related Healthcare Science
- A sound background in sales and commercial awareness
- At least two to three (2 to 3) years of proven experience as a Product Specialist
- Mature, flexible person capable of working on his/ her own initiative
- Professional approach and a good team leader and worker
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- High level of negotiation skills and extensive record of negotiation success.
- Business acumen with demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions and choices.
- Crafts rigorous and innovative strategic plans, and implements plans efficiently and effectively over a time period of 2 to 3 years.
- Works collaboratively and productively within a team of highly skilled hospital representatives and sales managers.
- Experienced in C-Suite interactions: gains credibility and trust quickly with high level hospital executives.
- Ability to form relationships quickly and have demonstrable persuasive abilities
- Highly effective communicator both orally and in writing; can get ideas across one to one and in presentations
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong team player and know how to collaborate and engage many stakeholders across a large organization
- Superior relationship building skills
- Solid negotiation and decision making skills
- Solid analytical and numerical abilities
- Results-oriented attitude
- Experience in working with MS office in a Windows environment and Lotus Notes
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
Job Type: Experienced