Associate Director, CNS Sales Training and Development - Psychiatry
The Associate Director, Psychiatry, collaborates closely with the Director of Sales Training and Development, Sales training team, Sales leadership, and Brand leadership to recommend and direct strategic and tactical training for the U.S. Commercial Psychiatry Sales organization. This position includes supporting the current Psychiatry portfolio and developing training for the pipeline. The Associate Director, Psychiatry, will also work closely with Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Business Human Resources, and Talent Acquisition. They must be confident in and comfortable with cross functional team structure and adept at collaboration /influence management.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Oversees training curriculum and programs to ensure they are effective, stay within budget and drive top line sales for the Psychiatry Franchise, a key therapeutic area for AbbVie.
- Responsible for the leadership, support, and development of the Psychiatry training team, which includes corporate based sales trainers both on-site and remote.
- Responsible for creating an inclusive environment where all direct reports are accepted for who they are and can reach their full potential.
- Oversees the Psychiatry training curriculum and logistics of training which includes overseeing/partnering with the Sales training team, Marketing team and Sales leadership on curriculum development and all related projects.
- Oversees/partners with the Sales training team, Marketing team and Sales leadership to ensure training content supports brand and organizational goals.
- Oversees and works collaboratively with the Sales training team and key stakeholders on projects to ensure all relevant materials are approved and within compliance guidelines.
- Continuously assesses training and development needs of the field force to ensure the long-term development of the sales team.
- Responsible for the growth and development of sales trainers, leading them as they advance their careers in skill areas such as workshop facilitation, project management, and coaching/partnering with representatives and DMs.
- Minimum of 5 years field sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 3 years field management/leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry is mandatory. This is not an entry level leadership role.
- Track record of success selecting and building diverse high performing teams.
- Expert level knowledge of sales leadership and leadership development.
- Extensive experience in developing and leading high potential sales professionals.
- Depth of Psychiatry experience and training experience is preferred.
- Proficient communication and facilitation skills. Ability to engage cross-functional teams to assess needs and gain support for plans.
- Position located in Madison, NJ, AbbVie corporate office. Position is hybrid. Three days onsite and two days remote.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced