We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist II to join our Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) group in S&T Biologics at AbbVie Bioresearch Center based in Worcester, MA. As part of the S&T Biologics organization, our group leads the process technology transfer, optimization, validation, implementation, and continuous improvement for late-stage and commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins for AbbVie. We also provide technical support for manufacturing, GMP compliance, and regulatory filing. The candidate should have extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge in process development, characterization, validation and cell culture strategies to solve complex challenges across the AbbVie pipeline. The candidate is expected to lead a team of scientists and productively manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly evolving project landscape.
- Lead team on the design, execution, and data-analysis for cell culture process development, characterization, optimization, validation, and continuous process verifications.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop innovative technologies within the field of cell culture processes to improve product quality, and process efficiency and robustness.
- Lead team on technology and process transfer to pilot scale and GMP plants of therapeutic proteins.
- Solve technical issues and support GMP manufacturing of therapeutic proteins.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support CMC sections of regulatory filings.
- Author technical reports and validation documents.
- Interact with cross-functional groups (e.g. discovery, process development, analytical development, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory).
- Author peer-reviewed articles and patents and present original work in conferences.
- Bachelor with 15+ years of industry related experience, or MS with 10+ years of industry related experience, or PhD with 2+ years of industry related experience. Education background in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, or biotechnology.
- Outstanding record of accomplishment in areas of cell culture bioprocess development, improvement, and validation.
- Proven success in leading effective teams.
- Experience in managing technical professionals is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal, global, and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and capability to overcome complexed issues.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating and executing important projects to achieve business unit goals.
- Must have a “results-oriented” work ethic and a positive, “can-do” attitude with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivated desire to achieve.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Apprenticeship