Want to make a global impact? We Offer That
Innovate in Science & Technology? We Offer That too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Pharmaceutical Technology Scientist to join the global S&T (Science & Technology) team in Westport, Mayo. In this role you will have responsibility for characterization of Biologics Drug Product (DP) manufacturing process at pilot-scale in a dedicated BioLab. This will be conducted in collaboration with the local Pharma Technology group. You will increase manufacturing process knowledge and establish a fully representative pilot-scale manufacturing process within the BioLab for commercial DP products.
Does this interest you? If so, read on.......In this role, you will have the opportunity:
- To design, manage, and oversee BioLab experiments & use the representative pilot-scale manufacturing process to reduce variability/optimize the commercial DP manufacturing process and overall commercial DP stability.
- To organize, analyze and interpret results, generate ideas to communicate and present in team meetings and reports.
- Work independently and will be a key contributor to S&T projects in Westport aimed at characterizing Drug Product (DP), Drug Substance (DS), optimization of DP manufacturing processes and proactive Lifecycle Management of DP/DS.
- To collaborate extensively with other S&T colleagues throughout the network, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
So what education & experience do you need?
• PhD with a minimum 2 years specific experience or, BSc/MSc in Biological Science/Engineering field with a minimum of 6 years specific experience
• Practical experience of Biologics Processing of potent Biological compounds is desirable
• Sound scientific/practical understanding of Biologics Processing, in particular Lyophilization, Sterilization, Depyrogenation, Container closure & Filtration.
• Experience with interacting in project teams at a local/global/corporate level would be desired.
So, are you ready now to be part of this innovative S&T team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced