AbbVie hat es sich zur Aufgabe gemacht, innovative Arzneimittel zu entdecken und bereitzustellen, die schwerwiegenden Gesundheitsprobleme von heute bekämpfen und den gesundheitlichen Herausforderungen von morgen gewachsen sind. Unser Ziel ist es, das Leben der Menschen in verschiedenen wichtigen Therapiebereichen wie der Immunologie, der Onkologie, den Neurowissenschaften, der Augenheilkunde, der Virologie, der Frauengesundheit und der Gastroenterologie zu verbessern. Mit dem Portfolio von Allergan Aesthetics bieten wir darüber hinaus Produkte und Dienstleistungen im Bereich medizinische Ästhetik an. Für weitere Informationen über AbbVie besuchen Sie uns unter www.abbvie.com. Folgen Sie @abbvie auf Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube und LinkedIn.
This individual will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs as assigned by EHS management and in response to existing and established federal, state, local and company regulations that are in place to reduce AbbVie’s liability and/or impact on the community.
- Provides general support to EHS staff on programs and other EHS initiatives as delegated by the EHS manager, such as but not limited to coordinating laboratory clean outs, recycling initiatives, conducting PPE assessments, maintaining PPE inventory and entering EHS data/metrics into AbbVie EHS reporting systems.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable local regulations and requirements, internal R&D policies/procedures, AbbVie Engineering Standards and Global EHS Technical Standards.
- Assures that assigned EHS policies, programs, training, and procedures are developed/updated and implemented.
- Conducts EHS inspections of work areas and assists with tracking and implementing corrective / preventive actions.
- Assists with overseeing hazardous and medical waste disposal process performed by the third-party waste vendor and manages the certification of hazardous waste manifests for the site.
- Assists EHS team with overseeing compliance with transportation safety requirements applicable to site shipping/receiving/waste disposal activities.
Years of experience/education and/or certifications required:
- High school diploma required or equivalent and understanding of applied environment, health, and safety theory and hands-on work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, especially in a research and development work environment.
- 0-2 years’ experience in technical operation of some general aspects of an environmental, health and safety program.
- General understanding of regulatory requirements for environmental, health and safety.
- Knowledge and work experience with management of hazardous waste and medical waste preferred.
- Knowledge and work experience in management of hazardous materials or dangerous goods preferred
Desired Professional Skills:
- High level data interpretation and independent problem resolution.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to solve a wide range of problems with support from EH&S professional staff on complex issues.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday; 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm
Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? This is an onsite role.
Are you open to look at candidates willing to relocate? Position does not offer relocation benefits. Local candidates preferred.
Applicable to California Applicants Only
- The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
- The salary range is (minimum: _$21.39 to maximum:_$39.18)
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Wesentliche Arbeitstätigkeiten: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Minimum Salary $21,.39
Maximum Salary $39,.18
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation