The primary function is the maintenance, repair, calibration and improvement of on-site equipment, utilities, facilities and instruments in support of production operations, manufacturing, utility, and R&D (labs, warehouses, office facilities). This team member will perform mechanical or electrical support within the maintenance department (metrology support may be required depending on the location).
- Adhere to Abbvie’s code of conduct and safety policies. Ensure that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed/maintained in accordance with established company policies.
- Compliance with safety policy necessitates wearing appropriate PPE, completing required EHS training, identifying and submitting “Safety Opportunities”/“Near-Misses”, and promoting a safety culture by supporting safety related programs (e.g., actively particpating in JSAs/HSAs). Complete training on time.
- Maintains the function of department assets to ensure production goals and quality standards are met.
- Maintains quality standards when populating or executing relevant documentation (i.e.,WOs JPs, SOPs, etc.). Ensures that documentation is maintained (e.g., attachments doc forwarded appropriately), identifies inconsistencies and/or errors in relevant documentation and punctually fixes errors with supervisor. Prepares necessary documentation for correction of errors.
- Accurately documents all maintenance activity in CMMS as a highly skilled specialist and an SME (subject matter expert) in areas of expertise, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques.
- Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways. Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Assist Management in development and delivery of technical training program and coordinates training for new and existing employees while providing both positive and constructive development feedback to trainee, managers and group leadership.
- Leads safety-related teams (e.g., being an EH&S Activity Coordinator, leading JSAs/JHAs, etc.).
- Ensures that peers submit “Safety Opportunities” and “Near-Misses” when observed.
- Wears appropriate PPE. Completes required EH&S training on time. Identifies and submits “Safety Opportunities”; and “Near-Misses”. Promotes a safety culture in the workplace by supporting safety related programs (e.g., actively participating in JSAs/JHAs). Educates peers on existing hazards in the work area.
- Works closely with Department Reliability Engineering regarding; Maintenance Program development, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis.
- Assists managers and group leadership in planning and leading area activities.
- Leads creation of new Job Plans and/or Data Sheets. Identifies opportunities to improve the way we work.
- Associate degree, college certificate, or formal apprenticeship and 5+ years of work experience related to any of the following: mechanical trades, electrical up to 13kv, HVAC/R, PLC / Controls, instrumentation, welding, machining and fabrication—or other relevant technical degree; OR HS diploma with 10+ yrs experience OR Relevant Certificate with 7+ yrs experience OR BS in Engineering, with 3+ yrs experience
- Reliability exposure strongly preferred
- CMRT (Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician) or equivalent accredited certification.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multiple skilled trade disciplines as defined by the department
- skills matrix including Predictive Maintenance Technologies.
- Strong computer skills (MS Windows).
- Being a certified trainer is a plus
- Strong MAXIMO knowledge
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced