The Associate Service Consultant is accountable to improve the business/end user experience with a forward-looking mindset and spirit of continuous improvement. This includes:
- Delivering business value by maximizing financial investment and the sustainability of the application
- Managing through the Managed Service Providers to quality outcomes
- Ensuring alignment with cross functional teams and external parties
- Demand and release change prioritization with plan build as required. Provides input and feedback into the Change, Release and Deployment processes and schedules ensuring minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business.
- Monitor and Approve Change Records for ACoE Owned Changes. Accountable for Demand Approval - ensures right change, right change type, clear & complete scope/requirements.
- Provide budgetary impact of proposed changes to plan organization and ensure transfer of budget and updates portfolio tracker.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition processes are fully executed. Approve readiness for support transition and serves as escalation point for any delays in service transition
- Primary point of accountability with fulfillment of Audit Artifact Service Requests. Coordinates with internal compliance team for internal compliance driven audit requests. Monitors MSP execution of
- Audit process and procedures. Ensures timely and accurate delivery of external compliance driven audit artifacts.
- Govern the application recertification process occurs as scheduled. Provide audit results as needed.
- Evaluates and Approves the Service Providers reported performance trends and the process improvement recommendations to identify areas where preventative maintenance might be performed to improve Applications performance and efficiency. Reviewing ticket patterns and identifying opportunities that were presented by their MSP. Approves SLA exception breaches.
- Responsible for reviewing the service provider Service Level Agreements and participating in any action plans that are required to address any deviations and/or improvement opportunities with the supplier. Helps manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and support activities.
- Performs summary daily reviews of prior days ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents and adjusts priorities as needed to ensure that ticket processing and the Problem Management engines are performing within expected operational parameters.
- Acting approver for SLA exception breaches.
- Serves as primary AbbVie contact point and first level of escalation for Incidents and Problems including activities that require multiple teams to solution. Assists, when needed, with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with Cross-functional, Build and Infrastructure teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 year's experience or Master's degree with 5 year's experience in information technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Minimum of 6+ years of combined experience in Information Technology.
- Proven experiencewith Application outsourcing and terminology such as Minor Enhancements, ARC’s/RRC’s, ServiceLevel Management and Vendor Management.
- Prior experience with systematically and logicallyinterpreting data, including analyzing trends, solving complex problems, and presentingrecommendations to management.
- Prior experience managing changes and change control processes and methodologies.
- Provenexperience managing and executing complex IT processes and demonstrated ability to identifyexceptions to the process, or potential process improvements.
- Experience with identifying andexecuting continuous improvement opportunities and cost reduction initiatives.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional meetings and demonstrated ability to effectively
- communicate both written and verbally.
- Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science orComputer Engineering.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Knowledge of (could be a platform or a vertical such as Oracle, or Life Sciences Pharmaceutical
- Research and Development or Financial application technologies, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize andmulti-task.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Experience supporting Regulatory and Quality applications in a global environment
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to adopt innovative technology solutions in support of theirstrategic agenda
- Experience in learning a new business and building both horizontal and verticalrelationships with business and IT leaders
- Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident andProblem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Cost Optimization,
- Demand and Release and Deployment Management.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations.
- Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA’s).
- Demonstratedability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with ServiceOperations in a global, multi-sourced environment.
- Internal: Business Technology Organizations (BTOs), Abbvie End Users, ManagedService Providers, AbbVie IT infrastructure services External: By extension, Abbvie's customers: patients,health care providers, CROs
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced