The Associate Business Systems Consultant is an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, enhancement, and deployment of new or existing business applications, providing specialized technical and business knowledge to projects. The focus of this role is on supporting network of Manufacturing sites and Engineering Organization’s End to End processes for lines of business - API, Drug Product, Biologics, Devices, and Packaging:
- Support long range planning process based on manufacturing engineering intake and demand – new manufacturing assets/equipment, upgrades, or facilities changes
- Review and provide input into user requirements for procurement or upgrades of manufacturing assets/equipment
- Ensure alignment with global IT requirements for sensors and IOT, sensor data acquisition, and compliance with asset tagging standard framework
- Ensure alignment with global IT requirements for security and data integrity
- Ensure that information systems supporting end-to-end business process in lifecycle of equipment/asset are updated and using standards:
- Sensors and IOT devices
- Data availability in DCS/SCADA systems
- Acquisition of data into Data Historians using standardized framework with associated advanced capabilities such as equipment OEE, equipment state monitoring, alarms and alerts, and overall equipment run record with trends
- Integration and connectivity between DCS, SCADA, Data Historian, and MES
- Procurement and spare parts management process within ERP and Enterprise Asset Management System
- Calibration and Maintenance processes in Enterprise Asset Management System in alignment with Smart Maintenance strategy
- Integrations linking Data Historian and Enterprise Asset Management to variety of information systems
- Information Systems data availability, governance, and readiness for acquisition into advanced analytics platforms
This role identifies and recommends business process efficiencies in Engineering Organization’s End to End process that offer greatest business opportunity and drives data-driven decision making. This role partners with the business to identify scope, use cases, gather requirements, and support implementation of systems or statistical data models using agile methodology, while aligning to global standards and best practices
- Default point of contact for BTS with the business; brokers contracts between BTS and the business and resolves client and BTS relationship issues.
- Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems.
- Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates / performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
- Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTO's to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Social Media Communication and Collaboration: Develop and expand internal Social Media presence. Engage with clients and partners via internal Social Media tools. Promote department objectives and form community of practices. Bring and promote positive attitude and enthusiasm to daily work.