Sr Technical Analyst
The Information Research organization at AbbVie supports pharmaceutical R&D scientists with implementation of technical solutions that meet their needs. This position offers the opportunity to work closely with the scientists and technology professionals addressing everyday challenges and enabling digital transformation of our laboratories.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a background in informatics who can provide in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g. new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Hands on technical experience for application development or package selection and implementation efforts.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business units and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and process implementation for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g. host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Responsible for translating functional specifications into application design specifications, including but not limited to the creation of application architectures, hardware and software configuration specifications, relational database schemas, and component/class specifications.
- Interact closely with the Business Systems Analysts, the client user community, and IT management and staff to identify technical solutions, or a combination of available alternatives.
- Coordinates and facilitates application design sessions with development staff.
- Reviews all technical aspects of a software implementation effort, including the monitoring of technical deliverables for consistency and quality
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Master’s degree plus 4 years of experience. Will consider 9 years work experience in related technical roles.
- Experience in Cloud deployment, DevOps, and system integration.
- Experience in AWS is highly desired.
- Familiarity with .Net, Java development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverable focused and detail oriented. Must have a strong customer focus.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced