The AbbVie Digital Lab is designed to fundamentally transform the current brand and product management model to super-boost AbbVie’s digital capabilities, using Agile methodology. Examples of early key Digital Lab efforts are introducing enhanced targeting powered by machine learning & personalized content and messaging in the channel of customers’ preferences. AbbVie Brand and Commercial Operations BTS (BCo BTS) team is directly supporting the LAB and is an integral part of this digital and data transformation journey. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of that change. Associate Director – Data Engineering will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance on all the LAB initiatives requiring Data Engineering development and support. This position will lead a high-performing team of data engineers and architects focused on delivering data to Digital Brand Teams (DBTs) in support of AbbVie Digital Lab. This role collaborates with senior leaders on both business and BTS teams to deliver the data solutions. The solutions aim to help compliantly educate physicians on AbbVie’s approved products to help them make the most informed treatment decision for patients.
- Works with internal and/or external stakeholders as a thought leader to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency across a wide range of data and software engineering activities, including data warehousing, data lake, data integration, data streaming, digital devices, data visualization and analysis.
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain scalable data platforms, system integrations, data pipelines, data models & API integrations to support evolving business strategy.
- Performs technical oversight of platform and data support ensuring data accuracy and availability. Collaborates with the hardware, network, database administrators and other enterprise groups to ensure platform/ data availability.
- Lead a team of high performing, highly empowered Data Engineers aligned with Digital Brand Teams (DBTs)
- Consult with Business Technology and client management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
- 12+ years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 9 years managing projects, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10+ combined years in BI/ DW/ Data Lake and Analytics; experience will include one or more; Solution Architect; Project Manager, Data Architect. Analytics/Reporting Architect and/or Data Governance Lead
- Proven track record in multi-team (technical/operations/business /systems /business) project delivery
- Experience with offshore/ onshore/ near shore resources
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferably marketing and advertising domain
- Experience with one or more of the Marketing Automation platforms
- Solid understanding on impacting, emerging and vendor trends in the BI/DW/Analytics space
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Experience with database & system integration technologies (e.g., Oracle, Snowflake, TD, PostgreSQL, Hive, HBase, Informatica, Kafka, and Apache Spark, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle and application program development alternatives.
- Experience with Hadoop, R, SAS, QlikSense, Cloudera toolsets.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced