Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting a EHS Specialist with a focus on safety to join our diverse EHS team in Clonshaugh, Dublin. Reporting to the Assoc Dir, Environmental Health and Safety you will be responsible for supporting, developing, and maintaining EHS programmes within the company that meet best practices within the industry and fulfil the requirements of local regulatory and corporate directives. The position will particularly require the ability to undertake and complete duties in relation to environmental management. This is a fixed term contract role until July 2023.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as EHS Specialist would be:
• Identify EHS training needs and develop and deliver programmes to meet these requirements.
• Provide coaching and guidance on EHS programme requirements to other roles within the organisation
• Drive and deliver continuous improvement in EHS performance within all aspects of the company.
• Maintain a clear understanding of EHS legislative requirements and new developments taking place in relation to regulatory requirements and best practices.
• Develop and support comprehensive EHS hazard identification and risk control programmes within the company.
• Drive compliance with the company IPC license by sustaining the emission limit monitoring programme and identifying and leading initiatives to meet license conditions.
• Developing the skills and knowledge of staff, including the delivery of training
• Record-keeping and document storage to ensure compliance with HSE and GMP standards
• Other HSE projects and initiatives as required
So, what do you need to do this role?
Education & Experience
• You will have an degree qualification in EHS or Science/Engineering/Environmental Science
• Specialist qualification / experience in an EHS related subject in addition to their undergraduate degree.
• Hold or be in the process of obtaining professional membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
• Have demonstrated experience as programme owner in both Environmental and Safety initiatives.
• Capable or preparing short term and long-term strategies and plans to improve EHS performance. Strong technical ability with a "hands on approach" coupled with good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work on and complete a challenging range of EHS projects that require a broad range of EHS technical and interpersonal skills
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Temporary Work